Friday, April 06, 2007

Hold everything

AUGUSTA, Ga. — OK, I’d like to amend the last blog, if I could. And, well, I can since I remembered my password and it is, after all, my blog.
Forget what I said in the previous post about Tiger Woods. Forget what I said about Brett Wetterich.
My comments about Augusta, Columbus and Bonefish Grill still stand, however.
Hold the 10-year Tiger Woods anniversary celebration.
Somebody cancel the order for a cake and party favors.
Right now, Woods might miss the Masters cut for the first time since 1996. He's made all 11 of 12 Masters cuts, but extending his streak of 10 straight might have gone gurgling into the waters of Rae’s Creek this afternoon. He splashed down on 12 and 13, making a bogey at the former and a par at the latter, but it definitely knocked him off stride. He shot a 39 on the front and he’s now 5-over par for the tournament.
As for Wetterich, he gave two strokes back since I last checked in, but he's sitting nicely with a two-day total of 2-under par 142. Not bad for a Masters rookie.
Maybe this is the year of the no-names.

No comments: