Thursday, March 20, 2008

Feeling smart right now


Could I be the smartest man in the world?

Sorry, but I'm having delusions of grandeur because of this halftime score from the NCAA tournament: Georgia 35, Xavier 26.

If you saw my bracket in Thursday morning's newspaper, you probably coughed up your Cheerios upon noticing that I had Georgia winning two tournament games (the bracket is correct, but there was a typo in the text that ran next to it). I really like the way Xavier plays, but I decided to go all-in with the Bulldogs because of what I witnessed in Atlanta during the SEC tournament.

They have proven to be a very determined team and their big men, Albert Jackson and Jeremy Price, have started to grow into decent players. Price went for 8 points and 4 rebounds in the first half, while Jackson contributed 5 rebounds.

Not a bad start, but I wonder if Georgia can maintain its 53 percent field goal shooting. That's uncharacteristically good for this team.

Now, before I feel too good about my basketball evaluations, let's get another score: Michigan State 35, Temple 26 at the end of the first half.

I picked Temple.

No comments: