Monday, August 13, 2007

B*nds, Barry B*nds

I really should use this forum to discuss college football, but I'm interested in your thoughts about Barry Bonds.
I'll be heading to Atlanta to cover Tuesday night’s game against the Braves and look forward to chatting with the always-cheerful Mr. Bonds at some point. Who knows? If I'm lucky, maybe he'll let me break out the calipers and measure his ever-growing cranium.
Barring an indictment for perjury or tax evasion, Bonds will probably be able to wring a few more years out of his major league career. It's entirely possible he could finish his career with upwards of 830 homers, leaving A-Rod will some serious work.
My question to you is this: If conclusive evidence surfaces that Bonds used steroids, how should Major League Baseball treat his status as the home run record-holder?
Do you think it should disqualify him from hall of fame consideration?
Do you think that the record should stand since steroid use may have been rampant among pitchers and power hitters in the 1990s?

No comments: