Monday, July 28, 2008

It's all Greek to me

You might have visited my blog 'hood last week in search of updates from Southeastern Conference Football Media Days in Birmingham.

I had planned to oblige with anecdotes about everything from Tim Tebow saving orphans to Urban Meyer referring to himself in the third-person to Alabama fans tearing through the merchandise in the nearby Bama Fever store on the day Nick Saban arrived to Phil Fulmer looking as if he as trying to pass a kidney stone while avoiding questions about his subpoena.

All very entertaining stuff.

Unfortunately, technology did not cooperate.

For some reason, the wireless computer network at the Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover left me helpless and hopeless in an unsuccessful attempt to navigate a language barrier.

When I used google or attempted to sign on to my blog, the templates came up in German.

I kid you not.

I was left to try to decipher words like Bloggenglobben and Heffweisen.

OK, I made up those words. But it still doesn't change the fact that my screen was filled with characters that, when read, sounded a lot like a lead-in to a Def Leppard song: "Unduh gleeben globben globen ...'' Or something like that.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that my search engines and blog templates are in English again.

1 comment:

MaggieandBandit said...

Maybe the dead Berlin catfish was haunting you.