Sunday, June 15, 2008

North of the border, eh?

In an effort to expand my cultural horizons, I will be joining Mrs. Troy's Noise on a trip to Montreal this week.

I'm particularly excited about it for the simple fact that it's about 75 degrees there during the day as opposed to 98 here.

Anyway, that means I'll be out of touch with the blogosphere, the newspaper and the sports world in general for the next week. I'm not sure what sports Montreal residents preoccupy themselves with at this time of year. The Stanley Cup has been decided and the Expos no longer exist, so I'm thinking the options are limited.

I wonder if curling and/or hurling are popular at this time of year.

The Expos may be out of business, but Olympic Stadium is still standing. I plan on taking a look while I'm there, but I'm said that there won't be any Yupi sightings (remember the Expos' strange mascot?).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last season you quoted the GM of the Catfish saying he would shoot himself if the team lost a military night by having one rained out.... It happened Saturday... Any updates on his condition?

Troy Johnson said...

Anonymous -- Since I'm out of the country on vacation this week, I don't have the best vantage point. I do, however, remember his quote. Hopefully he hasn't resorted to anything so drastic. At the same time, given the difficulties minor league teams have faced in Columbus over the years, I can understand the sentiment he expressed.

Susan said...

oh man! hope you guys had fun - I'm so jealous!! finally getting back to my online reading regimen so I'll see you every so often on here :)