Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Packing up and heading out


I've got my umbrella, a windbreaker, a rain suit, sunscreen and comfortable walking shoes.

In other words, everything I need to deal with the varying weather that normally greets folks at Augusta National during Masters week.

I'm hitting the road and heading for Augusta in a couple hours. Try not to hate me too much.

You'll start seeing my Masters dispatches in the blogosphere on Wednesday and in the Thursday morning Ledger-Enquirer. I'm teaming up with two writers from the Macon Telegraph, Daniel Shirley and Jonathan Heeter, to provide comprehensive coverage of the tournament. We'll obviously be tracking folks like Tiger and Phil Mickelson, as well as last year's winner, Zach Johnson, whose most pronounced success before had come in the form of those giant cardboard checks they hand out on the Hooter's Tour. We'll also be digging up interesting stuff on the amateurs, the darkhorses, the changes to the course and to the way it's being covered (ESPN's in the house for the par-3 tournament, but Chris Berman isn't. For that, we should be thankful).

So check back every so often to see what's cracking on the most perfect golf course ever conceived.

No comments: