Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Making the grade

The NCAA released updated Academic Progress Rate information today.
I know what you're saying: ''Woo-hoo! I've been waiting all week for those!''
Here's why you should care if you're a fan of a Division I or I-AA team.
Schools that fall below the acceptable NCAA standards lose scholarships.
Alabama, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Georgia and Troy University are all safe. The football teams from Auburn and Georgia scored 967 and 963, respectively, which is quite good. Spare us the sociology jokes, please.
Georgia Southern isn't so lucky.
The Eagles will be penalized for poor academic performances by their baseball, basketball and football teams. The football team stands to lose 4.6 scholarships, a whopping total for a Division I-AA team.
To take a look at how your favorite school did, go to www.ncaa.org.

No comments: